Below is a list of the most common questions we are asked. If you don't see your question, please don't hesitate to reach out to us.
- How does it work?
- Focus@Will works by playing timed sequences of specially curated instrumental music that help
your brain “zone out” external distractions. Research has shown that there is an optimal sequence of audio and
musical attributes that help induce you into what’s called a “flow state”. Simply put, once you’ve started
listening, the audio stream should “disappear” from your conscious attention and simply facilitate you getting on
with what you are trying do with no distractions.
- How is it scientifically tested?
- We’ve worked with scientists and audio experts since the beginning of our company. Essentially
we have tested our audio next to other types of music and measured the effects on the brain, heart-rate and
tracked this alongside personal reporting to ensure our hypothesis can be validated. We are super proud of our
latest research white paper, 'The Influence of Streamlined Music on Cognition and Mood' by our Science Director Dr
- How long does it take to work?
- The music and audio you hear on our service is intended to get you into a focused state within 20
minutes of listening, and keep you there for up to 200 minute focus sessions. The idea is that the audio will
blend into the background and become un-noticeable after your brain habituates. Our music and audio will help mute
any chatter or thoughts that usually pull us out of a focused state.
- Can I track my focus progress?
- Yes! Using our built in productivity tracker and timer will allow you to track how focused you
were during a focus session. We recommend using both out timer and tracker for the best results and overall brain
- Do I need to wear headphones when using Focus@Will?
- No, headphones are not required for Focus@Will to be an effective focusing tool. We designed our
audio to work well on standard laptop speakers, personal ear buds and over room filling speakers. We do recommend
keeping the audio at a medium to low volume, and If you are working in a noisy environment, we certainly suggest
using a set of noise canceling headphones if possible.
- Can it help with ADHD?
- As reported from countless Focus@Will Members, our service has served as a helpful tool for those
with ADD/ADHD. We even have one specifically Channel dedicated to those with ADHD. It’s important to know that
while our exclusive Channels vary quite a bit from each other, all of them are curated, mastered and tested to
ensure they help people with a variety of needs to attain a greater state of focus.
- Can I cancel my membership?
- Yes, at anytime you may cancel your subscription right from your account settings. We also offer
a full refund for within 30 days of any transaction.